When I was younger, the only super
power I wanted was to be invisible. I
thought it was cool to be able to sneak in and listen in on adult’s
conversations. I wanted to catch someone in the act of talk about me behind my
back. Over time, I realized that I was already invisible. I chose to be a
silent child to make sure that no one noticed me. After a while, I learned that
the reality of invisibility is actually loneliness. I felt unimportant and
ignored. And I feel that after a while, that is what Rafa experienced while he
was ‘invisible.’
In an
interview about the main character, Rafa played by Guillermo Andrés Castañeda,
director Lisandro Duque said, “Cuando hice una tentativa de comunicación con
ellos preguntándole a cada uno: ¿Qué harías tú si fueras invisible? Todos, a
excepción de Guillermito, me dijeron: “…yo trataría de hacer el bien, de ayudar
a los niños pobres…” Yo no veía cómo uno siendo invisible puede hacer el bien,
ni siquiera a sí mismo. Guillermito fue el único que me dijo: “Si yo fuera
invisible lo primero que haría sería meterme a mirar a las viejas en pelota”.
Es decir, me reveló su sinceridad, su capacidad de ser sincero. Y yo creo que
por eso Guillermito es buen actor, porque es un niño sincero, no es un niño
estereotipado.”
You do not see this side of Rafa in the film. He wants to be invisible
in order to get closer to Marta Cecilia. However, his original answer shows his
true identity of curiosity in childhood. It reminds me of when I wanted to be
invisible. All I wanted to do was explore and be a kid without getting caught.
However, as we grow with age, invisibility doesn’t always live up to its
potential. For example, in the final scene, the older Rafa states, “Descubría
demás que la invisibilidad lo hace sentir a una solitario y el significante
entre de el resto de la gente. Y es este con un triste situación esa es mi alta
de nuevo, como es un efecto del experimento no hubiera desaparecidos del todo
de a el largo de los años. Tal ves por no respirar a que día o que noche para
quitarme el escapulario.” I
believe that Rafa never need the scapulary because he was invisible to everyone
the whole film. Even in the first scene when Marta Cecilia, he hides from her
so she will not notice him or what he’s doing. It is not that Rafa never took
off the scapulary, Rafa just never let himself be seen in reality.
Hyperlinks:
http://www.cinefagos.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52:entrevista-con-lisandro-duque&catid=103&Itemid=128

No comments:
Post a Comment